Thursday 29 June 2017

Two-factor authentication: How and why to use it

Part 3: common security mistakes you're probably making
Don't put your privacy at risk.
Not using two-factor authentication
If you are using strong passwords and a password manager, then take the extra step of setting up two-factor authentication to add an extra layer of security to your online accounts. The most common form of two-factor authentication when logging into an account is the process of entering your password and then receiving a code via text on your phone that you then need to enter. The second layer in two-factor authentication means a hacker would need to steal your phone along with your password in order to access your account.
*Extra tip: Whenever I use google email. I have a phone authentication. If I login using computer or laptop, I get a notification on my phone to verify if its me.

Original Post by CNET

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.